Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paducah?

 Hello quilters!  Did you make it to Paducah to see the museum, enjoy the show, and see all the wonderful  quilts?  I'm a bit envious.

Although I'm from KY and have been to Paducah many times (my husband lived there for a bit), I have never been to the big quilt show.  I'm told the quilts are incredible -- after all, it is a juried show and they should be grand. I'm looking forward to pictures on other blogs.
In honor of Paducah and the show, I thought I'd share my Paducah Nine Patch from Pat Speth's initial "Nickel Quilts".  This is made completely from scraps from my stash and is huge.  It's almost king size and I got started and couldn't stop.  Because it was so big, I had to lay it out in the local library branch -- using an extra room and moving all the tables out of the way and standing on chairs to take pictures and see the placement of lights, mediums, and darks.  It was made for my son and future daughter-in-law and it's their everyday bed quilt. It was quilted by my friend, Paula (hi, Paula), and contains 50-60 words that represent places, people, and things that were important to them.  I think it's a tad too large but it was fun to make, easy to assemble, and a real stashbuster! 

As for Paducah and the show -- maybe next year!  In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through your pictures.

Keep piecing, Jan

No comments: